The Ai SolventVap series 20L rotary evaporators is now ETL tested to UL/CSA standard. This certification is required by many municipalities, and it also provides a higher standard of equipment safety and lifespan. Also come standard is the new plexglass bath cover. Specially designed for Ai 20L SolventVap rotary evaporators, this beneficial cover securely rests on top of the water bath and ensures the best possible temperature uniformity.
SolventVap rotary evaporators come with all PTFE valves for solvent-resistant operations. We also lowered the height of assembled unit, for easy installation and ease of use and storage. Also come with them are vertical glassware and digital temperature/rotation control. Its optimized bath volume allows for rapid heat-up times. The condenser unit has specially designed glass tubes that utilize surface area extremely efficiently. That’s why our SolventVap evaporators consistently deliver reliable and reproducible process results that are usually reserved for more costly systems. Another important aspect of the SolventVap is the safety features, which includes dry-run protection, water bath over-temperature shut-off protection, and fuse protection.
Rotary evaporator features a specially designed motor and worm gear, which provides constant rotation at speeds from 10 to 130 rpm. As the flask containing the solvent is rotated, it continually transfers a thin layer of liquid over the entire inner surface. This gives a very large surface area for evaporation, which is caused by the gentle heating from the water bath. The rotating system is fitted with a special seal that allows the apparatus to be placed under vacuum, effectively reducing the boiling point of the solvents and removing the vapor phase, making the process much more efficient. Each unit is also equipped with an easy-to-use vacuum release and a continuous feed system, which allows solvent to be constantly drawn into the rotating flask without needing to stop the operation.
Digital water bath operates from ambient temperature to 99°C (210°F) with PID temperature control stepping at 0.1°C increments. Heating coils are located directly inside the pan for the most efficient heating possible. A built-in overheat protector will shut down power, should the controller fail.
Standard Glassware Set includes 5.28 gallon (20 liters) round-bottomed evaporating flask, 2.64 gallon (10 liters) round-bottomed receiving flask, and vertical condenser. Rotary evaporators with vertical glass condenser are great for distillation of solvents with higher boiling points.
- ETL tested to UL and CSA standards. CE certification optional.
- Free dual condenser and dual receiving flask, a $3,000 value
- New condenser insulation sleeves increase safety by protecting lab personnel from injury, in case of shattered glass caused by thermal shock. They also protect glassware and increase cooling efficiency (included with rotovap purchase).
- Water bath cover enhances safety by protecting evaporating flask and the material inside; it gives you uniform temperature inside evaporation flask as well as energy saving by reducing heat loss. It also creates a better lab environment by preventing heat and humidity from escaping.
- New swivel casters can be adjusted for rotovap to stand securely on uneven floor.
- Come standard with a stainless steel 20L evaporating flask carrier with silicone cushions, custom made for Ai 20L SolventVap series rotary evaporators. This carrier can be placed on top of our 20L SolventVap's water bath for easy loading and unloading. It can also be used as a flask stand.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE and Viton gaskets, ensuring long time operation.
- Specialized motor with extremely compact, intermeshed worm and worm gear provides precise driving for very quiet, vibration-free operation.
- Downward-condensing vacuum connection design ensures safe vacuum operation.
- Motorized water bath lifting for precise control.
- Easy, straight-forward visual operation with digital speed and temperature display.
- PID temperature controller ensures accurate temperature control is maintained.
- One year warranty on rotary evaporator except for glassware and all sealing gaskets.
Your safety is important to us! Please use caution when operating. Users of glass reaction equipment must take all necessary precautions to avoid contact with rotating parts, particularly entanglement of loose clothing, hair, necklaces, or other jewelry. Under these circumstances, the winding action of the rotating parts can draw the user(s) into the apparatus, resulting in breakage of glassware, burns, and/or chemical exposure. Extra caution must also be taken when operating with air-reactive materials, especially under vacuum. A leak can draw air into the apparatus and cause a violent reaction to occur.
| Electrical requirements
||220V 50/60Hz single phase, 20A, 4300 watt (rotation motor: 300 watts)|
|Glass material||High borosilicate glass 3.3|
| Evaporating flask
|| Capacity: 5.28 gallon (20 liters or 0.7 cu ft)
Maximum load: Not to exceed 60% of the flask's capacity
Sealing flange: 4.9" diameter
Rotation speed: 10 to 130 rpm
Evaporating speed: 1 gallon/hour (water), 2 gallon/hour (alcohol)
| Receiving flask
|| 2.64 gallon (10 liters or 0.35 cu ft)
|Condenser|| Glassware: Main + auxiliary triple-circulating cold traps, vertical
Chilling fluid conneciton: 3/8" hose barb x 4 (2 on main + 2 on auxiliary)
Main condenser: 9,480 cm2 or 10.2 sq ft
Auxiliary condenser: 3,580 cm2 or 3.9 sq ft
| Working environment
|| 5 to 95°F
| Water bath
|| Temperature range: ambient to 99°C (210°F)
Temperature controller: digital
Dimensions: 17.5" diameter x 9.8" depth x 12" height
Material: stainless steel
Media: distilled water only
Max. water level: not to exceed 1" from the top rim of the bath
Number of heaters: two
Drain port: one
Exterior liner: rubber
Maximum lifting distance: 7.5 inches
|| Vacuum level: < 3 torrs
Vacuum sealing: PTFE + Viton gaskets
Vacuum connection: 3/8" hose barb x 1
| Swivel casters
|| Four, built-in with locks
|Safety|| Dry-run, over-temp shut-off, built-in circuit breakers
| Weight and dimensions
Shipping: 238 Lb (evaporator), 130 Lb (glassware)
Unit: 49 x 23.5 x 82.5" (WxDxH)
Shipping: 41 x 24 x 48" (evaporator), 34 x 29 x 33" (glassware) (WxDxH)
UL 61010-1: 2012 Ed.3 + R: 29 Apr 2016
CSA C22.2# 61010-1-12: 2012 Ed.3+ U1; U2 (R2017)
A rotary evaporator is a device used in chemical laboratories for the efficient and gentle removal of solvents from samples by evaporation. The process of rotary evaporation is most often used to separate solvents with low boiling points, such a n-hexane or ethyl acetate, from compounds which are solid at room temperature and pressure. However, careful application also allows for the removal of a solvent from a sample containing a liquid compound, if there is minimal co-evaporation (azeotropic behavior) and a sufficient difference in boiling points at the chosen temperature and reduced pressure.
Example:The following table is a list of a variety of substances ordered by increasing vapor pressure (in absolute units).
| Ai SolventVap 5.3-gallon rotary evaporator and water bath
| Dual main condenser with insulation sleeves
Single auxiliary condenser with insulation sleeves
| 20L rotating evaporating flask
Dual 10L receiving flask
| Three-way vapor buffering flask and vapor filtering bottle
| Glass vapor duct with seal (pre-installed)
|PTFE vacuum sealing kit (pre-installed)||2 pcs|
| Receiving flask glass vacuum port with PTFE open/close valve
| Glass material feeding port with PTFE open/close valve and PTFE extension feeding tube
| Stainless steel pole and mechanical vacuum gauge
| Flask/condenser support x 2, bracket x 1
| Flask quick clamp & PTFE centering rings
| GL18 connector
| Evaporating flask cap spanner, allen key & screws
|NEMA L6-30 30A 250V power plug||Installed|
|Ai 20L stainless steel flask carrier / stand||1 pc|
|Ai plexiglass bath cover for SolventVap 20L||1 pc|
|User's manual||1 pc